Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Birthday Wishes for my 14 year old Nephew

This up coming weekend will be my nephew's 14th Birthday...Gosh where does the time go?! How these kids get older, but we don't, I'll never understand!
These cards were so much fun to put together and although it looks like there are a lot of details I really only used 1 cart for each card, and just a few coordinating colors. Which makes for easy layering, and assembling.
For the card, I used a technique called a Step or Stair card, which is super easy to make. But really makes for an interesting card. Continue reading below for the exact measurements.


Step Card
5 1/2 x 10 1/2
Score at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 4 1/2, 6 & 8 1/2
Cart: Sweet Treats
Cupcake & Present cut @3"
Happy Birthday 2"
14 candle 3 1/2
I used a Stampin' Up gel pen (love this gel pen) to out line

Balloon Card
Cart: Stretch Your Imagination
Cut @ 1 3/4 & 2"
Stampin' Up stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes and Something to Celebrate
ENJOY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMA!
Love ya, Aunt Barbie

1 comment:

  1. Love these cards! I was struggling to come up with a card for my 11-year-old nephew and yours have really inspired me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete